20160411_190825-1On Monday 11th April 2016 Listry/Keel U-16s travelled to Kenmare to take on the locals in the second round of the East Kerry league. After a terrible weekend of bad weather,it was nice to get a fine,calm evening and the pitch was in excellent condition.Kenmare started lively and had 2 points on the board before Listry/Keel got to the pace of the game.Our first score was a point from full forward Gary Murphy, centre forward Barry Keane converted a free he won after he ran at the Kenmare defence and half forward Eoin O Donnell popped over a great point after some great team work.It was tit for tat from here on.Kenmare hit back with a free and a goal.Eoin and wing back Seamus Giles kicked 2 points and again Kenmare struck for a goal. Our defence with Seán Langford in goal,Mark O’Brien, Liam Clifford and Anthony O Shea in the full back line were defending well and supported each other going forward. Wing backs Seamus Giles and Killian Broderick were working hard and centre back Gearóid Murphy was solid in the middle. Listry/Keel responded again and after a good build up left half forward Killian Murphy scored a goal and Barry converted his second free.Kenmare had some great footballers and replied with a point and a goal, the goal was a result of the low evening sun affecting our defenders vision.Listry/Keel mid fielders Cian Flynn and Seán Evans worked tirelessly in the first half and again the boys responded with a point from Gary and another free from Barry. Corner forwards Micheál Buckley and Ronan Buchanan played a lot of ball in the first half and always made themselves available for a pass.After a great first half the score was Kenmare 3-4 Listry/Keel 1-8.

Kenmare started the second half with 3 great points and again our boys replied with a goal from a penalty. Gary Murphy made a great run and passed to Barry who was fouled and Barry converted the penalty. The pattern of the game continued and Kenmare had their best patch scoring three points and a goal. Darragh O Dowd was introduced at wing back at half time and Dylan Brennan came on for the injured Liam Clifford and both players played very well.Showing great determination Micheál Buckley won a kick out and moving the ball quickly up the field a great team effort was rewarded with a great goal from Barry.Our boys fought hard to win 2 frees which Barry converted. With our backs growing in confidence our boys went looking for a goal to level the game and unfortunately got a bit stretched and Kenmare pounced to score a goal with the last kick of the game. Final score Kenmare 5-10 Listry/Keel 3-10 . Congratulations to Kenmare and hard luck and well played to our boys. The game was played in a sporting manner and excellently refereed by Sean O’Sullivan,Killarney Legion.

Leave a Reply

online casino ireland

Scroll to top